From: Martin Trappel (0xCDCDCDCD_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-21 02:19:46

Hello.

We're in the process of setting up a better Unit Test environment with
Boost.Test and are currently trying to figure out what's the best way to
organize the tests. (As far as possible we'll work with
BOOST_AUTO_TEST_... Makros)

(As for our application: It consists of a few executables and like 200
dll modules.)
So far I have come up with the following:
* One Unit Test Module for the shared codebase (the library-like stuff)
* One Unit Test Module for each module. (eg. for the module foo.exe I'll
have a Unit Test Module ut_foo.exe to run the tests)
* One Unit Test File (with one or more BOOST_AUTO_TEST_SUITE sections)
for each source file in the application. (eg. for the file logging.cpp
there will be one unit test file ut_logging.cpp)

If anyone could share his experiences with Boost.Test and real life
testing and how you set it up that would really be helpful.

thanks, br,
Martin