From: Anthony Williams (anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-22 03:34:35

Markus Werle <numerical.simulation_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Anthony Williams <anthony_w.geo <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Apologies to those who have been experiencing problems using boost.thread
>> condition variables on Windows. I have checked in a new tentative fix to SVN
>> trunk, and would be grateful if people could put it through its paces.
>
> Do these problems also occur on the 1.34.1 branch?

No. I have changed the condition variable implementation in 1.35.0, in part to
provide support for condition_variable_any, and the change to boost.datetime
for timeouts, and in part because there were certain properties of the 1.34.1
algorithm I thought were suboptimal. As a last resort, I could
reimplement the 1.34.1 algorithm.

> I would be grateful if you could provide patches for the
> 1.34.1 branch and the 1.35.0 branch as http downloads.
> No access via svn via the firewall over here ...

I've attached a patch for boost/thread/win32/condition_variable.hpp vs the
1.35.0 release to this email.

Anthony

--
Anthony Williams            | Just Software Solutions Ltd
Custom Software Development | http://www.justsoftwaresolutions.co.uk