From: Jeff Garland (azswdude_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-22 10:39:39

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 8:29 AM, Johan Råde <rade_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Thanks for the help.
> I had never used the Boost.DateTime library before and hadn't realized
> that the Boost.Thread library interface depends on the Boost.DateTime
> library.

Just to clarify, the thread library hasn't used the date-time types up till
1.35 -- it's something that's been long discussed, it just took a long time
to get to. Also, this type of interface has now been proposed for C++0x --
unfortunately it's been somewhat controversial so it's been, in and now out,
of the working draft.

Jeff