From: Martin_Thomas_at_[hidden]
Date: 2008-04-22 17:04:46

I was trying to make a small program that uses Multi-Index and
Interprocess work on a Mac and was convinced that I was doing something
wrong until I tried the simple example in the Multi-Index docs and found
it also fails to work on Mac but works on Linux.

The example is here:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/libs/multi_index/example/ip_allocat
or.cpp and the problem is that boost::interprocess::open_or_create does
not work -it only creates.

I built the example, add a few books and then quit. When I restarted the
app on Linux, it listed the books from the previous run but the Mac
version did not manage to do the same.

Running on Linux Redhat FC8 and Mac OSX 10.5

Cheers // Martin