From: Jerry (jerry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-23 09:53:58

> Is there a way to do a "re-serialization" of an object structure? Let's
> say I have a couple of objects, and I
> serialize them to "State A", then change a few things. Ideally, I'd like
> to just deserialize "State A" so that
> I get the objects back to that state, without boost::serialization
> creating new objects for me.

absolutely. however i think this is only appropriate if you have very fine
grained objects. my most recent encounter with serialization and undo/redo
was in a diagram editor. it was important to track many small changes to
object state (i.e. location) but simply serializing the object each time
would have been overkill. much better to serialize a rectangle on its own.
(apologies if this is a glimpse of the crashingly obvious!).

jerry