From: joaquin_at_[hidden]
Date: 2008-04-23 12:21:30

Hello Filip,

Filip Konvička escribió:
> Hi,
>
> trying to use fast_pool_allocator in Boost 1.35 fails with MSVC 9.0; it
> worked well with MSVC 8.0. The following code fragment shows the error:

[...]
> (From what I've seen digging through the code, it seems to me that the
> allocator gets rebound from int to void, which does not work for
> fast_pool_allocator.)

This very problem was reported a couple of weeks ago:

The reason is what you point out, fast_pool_allocator cannot specialize
for void.
Please consult the aforementioned thread as it contains a workaround
proposal that
you might consider using (basically, wrapping fast_pool_allocator into a
conformant
allocator class).

After the initial report I've been investigating and I am now not so
sure whether this
can be pinpointed as a fast_pool_allocator bug: the standard is not 100%
clear about
whether an allocator must be instantiable for void (strictly speaking,
whether a
conformant allocator must be rebindable to void). Consequently, I'll
probably be
conservative and remove the void instantiations for the next release of
Boost.MultiIndex.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo