From: Ali F (ali.fareed_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-25 07:22:33

Ah, ok so the extension at the end of the boostlib names is for the vc
runtime only. But now I'm a little confused. I changed the vc runtime
library to use the MTd and everything compiled fine - ie the framework
lib and the test app. Why is it that when I compile with MDd the
linker tells me it cannot open libboost_signals-vc90-mt-gd-1_35.lib? I
built everything with bjam and the vc directories are set, and it
doesnt give me the same message whem I compile the framework lib, just
for the test app. Also, for bjam, I used the following just incase
that would help

bjam release debug stage

and

bjam release debug link=static runtime-link=static stage

> BTW the signals dll import libraries don't have the "lib" prefix on their
> names.

I'm sorry, are you saying that the libraries output by the whole
boot.build process of the signals library do not end in a .lib?

Thanks for taking the time out.