From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-01 16:52:24

Robert Dailey <rcdailey <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hey guys,I'm currently in the process of researching Boost.Test. I've never
used it before, and reading through the documentation for it and the various
examples, I have a few questions I can't find the answers to. I'll post them
below:
ut
Stop right there. Docs are very outdated. Use beta on:

patmedia.net/~rogeeff/hmtl/index.html

> init_unit_test_suite is used fairly exclusively through the examples. The
most I can gather is that this function begins the unit test. In other words,
it calls other smaller functions which perform tests. How is this function
evoked?

No. It does not.

> What is the difference in using init_unit_test_suite versus using #define
BOOST_TEST_MAIN?

Errrh. This question doesn't make much sense really. But you can blame me
again.

> When creating a unit test as a console application in Visual Studio, I would
of course be required to implement the normal int main() function,

No. you don't.

> but what would I have to do inside of main() or WinMain() to begin the unit
test? I never found any examples that showed this.
> If I think of more questions I'll be sure to post follow ups. Help is
greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Please read proper docs. Hopefully they'll shed some light.

Regards,

Gennadiy