From: Ovanes Markarian (om_boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-01 19:41:58

> @Ovanes:
>
> Thanks for your help. Right now I'm building the entire boost library as
> shared libraries. Is there a way I can specifically make bjam build the
> Boost.Test framework as a static library? If it saves me a lot of trouble
> I'd rather it be a static library. I'm not very good with bjam so if someone
> could tell me how to make Boost.Test build statically I'd appreciate it.
>
> AFAIK bjam builds dynamic and static versions. When using Visual C++ boost
will automatically link with the proper version, dependent on your project
setting in VC or issue errors compilation error that you mix incompatible
versions.

Try starting with BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE and BOOST_TEST_MAIN and see if you
need more complex unit tests or can handle everything with the macro based
test cases. Actually you can also use with macro based version of Unit Test
Framework as DLL without any problems

Good Luck,
Ovanes