From: Kenny Riddile (kfriddile_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-02 12:10:27

Kenny Riddile wrote:
> Robert Dailey wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Currently in Visual Studio, running a console application as a unit
>> test results in the dialog immediately disappearing after it is done
>> executing, regardless of success or failure. In both cases, I would
>> like for the console dialog to pause, as it does with a call to
>> system( "pause" );. Is there some preprocessor directive I can define
>> to make this happen? Since Boost.Test is a framework, it is the
>> responsibility of boost to do this. If it doesn't do it at all, I
>> could just as easily go into the source code and add that logic
>> myself if I need to.
>>
>> Help is appreciated.

> If you're just trying to run it from the IDE, I believe running
> without debugging (ctrl-F5 instead of just F5) will do what you want.

I just noticed the word "automating" in the subject which suggests you
aren't trying to run from the IDE. Couldn't you simply make a batch
file that runs the test program and then calls "pause" and have your
system run that instead of modifying boost code? Forcing user
interaction doesn't sound to "automated" though...