From: Ovanes Markarian (om_boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-08 12:26:38

Hello *,

for some reason we have in our project fixed alignment of 4bytes (Win32,
VC71, Boost 1.34.0). Unfortunately boost was either compiled with default
alignment or boost threads compilation ignored the alignment setting. In
this regards I have the following questions:
1. Are boost libs being tested with different alignments especially with
fixed ones? Is it safe to set an alignment of 4bytes and maybe later of
8bytes?
2. Is there a special flag (for 1.34.0) which needs to be passed to bjam to
set a fixed alignment?

Currently these are the only setting which are overridden in user.hpp:
    #define BOOST_DISABLE_ABI_HEADERS
    #define BOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK

Many thanks,
Ovanes