From: Victor Whiskey Yankee (victor.whiskey.yankee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-14 16:17:11

Matthias Troyer wrote:

On 12 May 2008, at 17:14, Victor Whiskey Yankee wrote:

Matthias Troyer wrote:
On 12 May 2008, at 01:20, Victor Whiskey Yankee wrote:

Hello,

I need to serialize into and from a memory buffer using
boost::archive::binary_oarchive and binary_iarchive.

Using std::stringstream does not work (it does work with text_oarchive
and text_iarchive in memory and using files).

I found a mention in the archives about similar need here:
   http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2007/10/31580.php

But I cannot figure it out.

Have you tried using the Boost IO Stream library to create a stream
that buffers in memory and use that with a binary archive?

The posting I mentioned above suggests the same thing. As I said, I did try for several hours, but the
iostreams documentation is so difficult I could not figure it out.

I have a working version that I could send. It is just a few lines of code.

Could you just post it to the list?

Thanks,
Victor