From: Frank Birbacher (bloodymir.crap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-18 17:04:22

Hi!

Kevin Martin schrieb:
> A layer of abstraction between the library calls and your user code.

Right. A layer of abstraction. That's just what I have: my abstraction
does not expose any database header. Everything is hidden in a pimpl.

But how shall I implement the pimpl? It needs to "own" a database
connection. I could write a destructor that closes the connection. But I
don't bother. I try to avoid writing any destructor. I stick to existant
RAII classes. So I use a shared_ptr with a custom deleter that closes
the connection. Feels safe. That's what I gain. :)

Regards, Frank