From: Igor R. (igor_rubinov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-19 11:54:37

Hello, I'd like to use thread_safe_signals, and I'm wondering if there're any examples that highlight use-cases where the thread-safety is utilized? For instance, is it safe to connect() from a thread, while the signal is "signaling" in another thread? Is it safe to signal from a thread while another thread might destroy the signal? Another question: what would be the most simple way to do asynchronous signaling? Probably, there already exists something in boost (even not officially released) that provides such a functionality?
I mean something like this: at the stage of connecting to a signal I'd like to supply an asynchronous queue along with slot handler, and at the stage of signaling the signal - instead of direct execution of a functor - must just post it to the associated queue (slots' return values are not of interest to me).

Thanks,

Igor'.