From: John Femiani (JOHN.FEMIANI_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-19 15:47:07

> > hello all,
> >
> > One little question: is it possible to make a class
> assignable which
> > has reference type members?
>

> Hello Max,
>
> yes it is possible. Just assign the reference member of the
> rhs to the the reference member of the lhs.
>
> The single feature of references is that they are no default
> constructible.
> Maybe your question was? is it possible to make a class which
> has reference type members default constructible?
>

> Vicente Juan Botet Escriba

I think he wanted the references to be copied the way pointers would be;
i.e after A = B, A refers to the same objects B does (not a copy).

I dont think you can change reference to refer to another object once it
is initialized (sec 8.5.3 par. 2). I wonder if you can use placement new
and make the assignment operator for your class invoke a copy
constructor?

-- John