From: Chris Ross (cross+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-22 11:15:54

  Hi there. This is an introductory question as I've just started to
play with boost libraries. If this would be better on the threads-devel
list, let me know, but I thought starting here would be good.

  I was playing with the threads library in 1.35, and I noticed that I
can't (with gcc 4.3 on Linux) put boost::thread objects into an STL
container. I think I was trying with a std::vector, in case that
matters.

  I was reading in some of the C++0x documents that it's expected that
the standard library thread implementation is expected to be able to
have this work. The boost documentation doesn't explicitly say whether
it should work or not. Is being non-copyable but movable enough to make
this work? Or, would an object have to be copyable to be put into an
STL container? I thought that was not the case, but.

  Thanks...

                           - Chris