From: Chris Ross (cross+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-22 12:04:59

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 09:51 -0600, James Sutherland wrote:
> > I was playing with the threads library in 1.35, and I noticed that I
> > can't (with gcc 4.3 on Linux) put boost::thread objects into an STL
> > container. I think I was trying with a std::vector, in case that
> > matters.
>
> You may be interested in the thread_group
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/doc/html/thread.html
> Also check out
> http://threadpool.sourceforge.net/

  thread_group doesn't allow me to iterate the group. It only will
allow me to join_all or interrupt_all, but not perform arbitrary actions
on all of them, or iterate them so I can do whatever I need/want...

  I was mostly inquiring because it was suggested that it should work in
the upcoming standards, so I was wondering if it was supposed to work in
boost 1.35.

                      - Chris