From: Bernhard Maeder (bernhard.maeder_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-22 13:27:50

Johan RÃ¥de <rade <at> maths.lth.se> writes:

> Bernhard Maeder wrote:
>
> You could save a reference to the map and the value of the key for the element.
> When you load the archive, you can use that information to reconstruct the
reference to the element.

> --Johan RÃ¥de

Yes, I could do that, but it would be more complicated. In my real application,
I don't keep the references to that map's values in the same place with the map;
the reconstruction process would thus influence many other components as well,
which I wouldn't want to do. If I understand Boost.Serialization correctly (and
that is of course in doubt here! :-), it is able to accomplish these things for
you and should thus make the serialization code much less verbose.

Bernhard