From: Chris Ross (cross+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-22 20:26:55

   I have a project that's currently doing manual command-line
parsing, then using a suite of classes I developed to read from
multiple formats of configuration files. In looking at boost
libraries, I see that boost::program_options might be something worth
using.

   The first question I have is "what config file formats does it use/
want" ? I'm still reading all of the docs, so this may become clear,
but.

   The next question is, since this is one of the non-header-only
libraries, how hard would it be to pull segments out of the boost
distribution to ship with my suite of programs and build it along-
side? Just to get the program_options component.

   (Though, as a side note, I'm also using Loki::SharedPtr in my
project, so if that could be converted to boost::shared_ptr it might
be less complicated. Then again, I'm using some of the more
complicated features of SharedPtr, so it's not clear to me that
boost::shared_ptr is adequate, which is why I didn't choose it in the
first place.)

   Thanks... Any advice on taking portions of the boost code and
bundling it into another source package would be appreciated.

                  - Chris