From: Daniel Lord (daniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-22 23:19:22

From: Vladimir Prus <vladimir_at_[hidden]>
> Daniel Lord wrote:
>
> > Several problems with configurations not properly propagating through the
> > long build chain it seems.That is if I am setting this up
> correctly--there
> > is always the possibility this is pilot error in the setup.
> >
> > 1) configure architecture=combined should be the default and provide a
> > universal 32-bit architecture file:
>
> What do you mean "configure"? If you're using the "configure" script, then
> stop,
> and invoke bjam directly.

Thanks for your help. I studied Boost-build a bit and the darwin.jam file
and came up with a command line for bjam
And it mostly worked with one hitch:

The command: "bjam release debug toolset=darwin threading=multi
architecture=combined address-model=32"
works to build both debug and release version of fat-32 (multi-arch i386 and
ppc) dynamic libs.
But I cannot seem to get static libs to build.

the command:
"bjam release debug runtime-link=static toolset=darwin threading=multi
architecture=combined address-model=32"

results in no build at all as shown in this copy of the shell output:

$bjam release debug runtime-link=static toolset=darwin threading=multi
architecture=combined address-model=32
warning: Graph library does not contain optional GraphML reader.
note: to enable GraphML support, set EXPAT_INCLUDE and EXPAT_LIBPATH to the
note: directories containing the Expat headers and libraries, respectively.
warning: skipping optional Message Passing Interface (MPI) library.
note: to enable MPI support, add "using mpi ;" to user-config.jam.
note: to suppress this message, pass "--without-mpi" to bjam.
note: otherwise, you can safely ignore this message.
Building Boost.Regex with the optional Unicode/ICU support disabled.
Please refer to the Boost.Regex documentation for more information
(don't panic: this is a strictly optional feature).
Skipping build of: ./headers <build>no in common properties
Skipping build of: ./build_all <build>no in common properties
Skipping build of: ./headers <build>no in common properties
Skipping build of: ./build_all <build>no in common properties
...found 1 target...

So I am obviously close but still misunderstanding something. Any hints?