From: Sean Johnston (shamus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-23 09:26:00

I'm struggling to get Boost built on a Solaris box here. Initially I was
stuck on compilation errors due to v8plus issues. After some googling and
trial and error I worked out what to put in user-config.jam to fix that.
However, I'm now struggling with the following error:

... wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

I'm using gcc-3.2 and the Sun linker, trying to build a 64bit version of
just the program_options and regex libraries. Here's what I've got for the
user-config.jam:

using gcc : : : <address-model>64 <linker-type>"sun" <compileflags>"-m64"
<linkflags>"-Wl,64" <instruction-set>"v9" ;

I'm basically flummoxed at this point, and my google-fu is failing to find
me a solution. All the object files are 64bit so I don't know why it is
complaining as it should be doing the link as 64bit.

Sean.

--
It's a conical sort of effort