From: Sean Johnston (shamus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-23 12:26:35

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 4:59 PM, Vladimir Prus <vladimir_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Sean Johnston wrote:
>
> > ... wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
>
> What is the exact error message, and what is the command that produces this
> error?

That was at the link stage.

> <linker-type>"sun"
>

> I'm surprised that quotes work here

Seem to work ok. Too much XML I guess :)

> I'd suggest changing user-config.jam to:
>
> using gcc : : : <linker-type>sun ;
>
> and building as:
>
> bjam address-model=64 instruction-set=v9

Thankyou, that's perfect and it now builds fine.

For some reason I didn't manage to work out that the address-model and
instruction-set options went on the command line to bjam. Probably due to
not running bjam directly and only via the Makefile. Hence trying to put the
stuff into user-config.jam.

Sean.

--
It's a conical sort of effort