From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-26 04:12:23

Darren Mason wrote:
>> If I'm not mistaken, LNK4217 means that the linker believes the
>> symbol is local, but it's using a different calling convention,
>> almost like it thinks it's importing from a DLL. I could suppress
>> those by compiling against the Common Language Runtime, but somehow
>> I think that I'm seeing these might be the root of my problem. Any
>> thoughts?

What compiler options are you building your application with? It looks like
Boost was built against the DLL C++ runtime library, but that your
application is built against the static C++ runtime? Note that just because
you used the static Boost library versions, there are still 6 C++ runtime
variants of these possible.

HTH, John.