From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-28 04:53:54

Wolfgang Fertsak wrote:

> The line #include <boost/algorithm/string/join.hpp> is missing in
> boost\algorithm\string.hpp in 1.35.0.
> It was there in 1.34.1 so I think it should also be in 1.35 (and 1.36).

Yes, the line was missing indeed.

This was fixed on the 1.34 branch, but has never been merged back to the
trunk. I went ahead and merged that change to the trunk, and also checked
(for the string library only) whether there are any other outstanding fixes
from the 1.34 branch but found none.

This fix should be merged to the 1.35 branch as well, in case there ever is
a 1.35.1 release. I tried to the this myself but gave up as I couldn't
figure out which branch to use as a merge target.

If I understand http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/ImprovingPractices
correctly, if I merge to _the_ release branch, this will show up in 1.36
but not in a hypothetical 1.35.1 release.

Any by the way, who is going to trigger the merge from trunk to release for
this kind of changes? Should I do this on my own?

Markus