From: Andrej van der Zee (mavdzee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-29 09:09:50

Hi,

I am thinking how to use ASIO for my specific
situation. Well, I'll try to explain: I have a client
that is connected to multiple remote daemons. Now the
client can initiate alternating "start" and "stop"
messages to it's daemons like this:

* send a "start" message to all daemons
* send a "stop" message to all the daemons
* send a "start" message to all the daemons
* send a "stop" message to all daemons
etc

I want to be able to have multiple threads sending a
"start" or a "stop" to all connected daemons using
boost::asio::async_write(). But this has to be in
phases, so all threads handling a "start" should
finish first before a "stop" can be initiated.

I was wondering if this is solvable using ASIO and if
so, hopefully somebody can point me in the right
direction.

Cheers,
Andrej

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.