From: Fanara, Mark A (GE Infra, Transportation) (Mark.Fanara_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-29 12:46:19

I downloaded the current pre-built boost library files, but am having
some difficulty with them.

I am building a VC8.0 (Visual Studio 2005) application that is making
use of boost::program_options and boost::filesystem. My application
links fine, but when I try to execute the program, I get an error
message about a missing "MSVCP80D.dll" (or "MSVCP80.dll" when building
for release). I don't have those .dlls on my machine. I tried
reinstalling Visual Studio, but that did not work. I found the needed
.dll files online and downloaded them. After installing the .dll files,
I got another error about another missing .dll which I also downloaded.

Next error message received is "This application has failed to start
because the application configuration is incorrect. Review the manifest
file for possible errors. Reinstalling the application may fix this
problem. For more details, please see the application event log."

A couple of other notes: The application I am trying to build was
previously successfully built by a couple of other engineers here (I
think using 1.33.x and/or 1.34.x). I am trying to replicate their work
using the current libraries. One of the guys does not work here and the
other got a new PC and somehow lost his ability to build the project.