From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-02 13:21:37

Eric Niebler wrote:
> Christoph Duelli wrote:
>> Ok, checked it:
>> I did indeed #ifdef out the lines stated in the last post.
>>
>> As I have said, the above two sections in regex_actions.hpp cause trouble.
>> Even including regex_actions.hpp causes the compiler to choke on it.
>> (see gcc-out1.txt for compiling just the header *with* these sections not
>> #ifdef'ed out.
>> )
> <snip>
>
> I can't tell from the logs. I'm building gcc-3.3.3 now and will
> investigate when that's done.

Sorry, my gcc-3.3.3 build failed with:

../../gcc-3.3.3/gcc/gcc.c: In function `process_command':
../../gcc-3.3.3/gcc/gcc.c:3609: error: assignment of read-only location
../../gcc-3.3.3/gcc/gcc.c:3611: error: assignment of read-only location

I'm giving up now. If you would like to pursue this, I would suggest you
preprocess your test first and then reproduce the error. The line
indicated by the error message contains a macro expansion. The error is
somewhere in there. If you track it down and find a workaround, I'll
gladly accept a patch.

Good luck,

--
Eric Niebler