From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-04 17:30:50

AMDG

Hicham Mouline wrote:
> Hello,
> I submitted a post a few days ago
> http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2008/06/36852.php
> and I went to investigate on my own.
>
> Having not reached a solution to speed up the compilation,
> I looked again at the post and realized the code didn't compile
> due to a wrong paste. Apologies (if anyone tried),
>
> Anyways, here is the version that is too slow and runs out of mem during
> compilation
> on a P4 512Mb minimal redhat box with g++4.1
> while,
> on core2duo 2Gb vista64 with intel 10.1, it compiles in 40s and runtime is
> correct.

I'm trying to process it using the tool I wrote at BoostCon:
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/tools/profile_templates

Unfortunately, I had to kill the compiler (gcc 4.3.0 on cygwin)
after 2 hours. I'll post the results when I'm done processing
the output. (I have less than 10 GB to go)

In the meantime, it might help to write a custom metafunction class
rather than using MPL lambda.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe