From: Florian Winter (fw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-05 03:41:52

Thanks for your reply.

I have considered another option that might be easier for us if it
works: One of the options described in the documentation about compiling
the unit test framework is "Including sources directly into test module
project". This would normally lead to the same problems as the "include"
option, however, we could include the Boost.Test sources into a separate
shared library that we build using our own build system. Both our
dynamically loaded library and our main application would link against
this shared library to make sure the Boost.Test symbols are defined
exactly once.

The benefit would be that we could use our own build system instead of
treating Boost.Test as an external library. This would make things a lot
easier for us because we have to support many platforms.

Do you think this would work? Or are there some other things to keep in
mind or problems when building Boost.Test as a shared library that was
not built in the standard way (i.e. using bjam on each platform)?

Best regards,

Florian Winter