From: Jesse Williamson (jwilliamson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-05 13:46:25

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008, Eric Niebler wrote:

Eric,

> reference count to the regex impl, which would make your code work. The
> down-side would be that copying regex iterators (a common operation?)
> would be more expensive.

That does make sense-- and, it's a good question. So far (and I'm new to
using this library) for my own purposes, I would say that the convienence
of inline notation would be nice. On the other hand, the most complicated
parse so far in my current project benefits from being able to build up a
grammar in small parts, and indeed involves a few copies. Hmm.

> Thanks for the report. While I ruminate about it, could you could file a
> bug on our bug tracker? (Click the "New Ticket" link at
> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/.) Thanks.

Done, ticket 1990. By the way, I'm using xpressive in a current project
and am having tremendous /fun/ working with it so far! You'll be pleased
(if unsuprised :>) to know that it's processing hundreds of thousands of
records from real-world data with nary a hitch, and I might add performing
extremely well.

Thanks!

_Jesse Williamson ;-};