From: Christoph Duelli (duelli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-11 08:15:22

Following scenario:

I have two machines M_a and M_b.
M_a is running gcc4.1, M_b is running gcc4.2.
Both have the same Boost Libs (1.35) compiled -with identical options- and
installed (with their resp. gcc). I have used bjam option --layout=system.
The Boost libs do therefore *not* have gcc41 or gcc42 in their names.

Thus, the names are the same on both machines...
which leads me to the following question:

May I copy binaries (that link against Boost.Regex, Boost.FileSystem etc)
from M_a to M_b? (or vice versa)
The linker is happy as the libs required are there, but will it really work?
Is this an *evil* thing to do?

Best regards
Christoph