From: Patrick Loney (Patrick.Loney_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-12 10:48:42

Nat Goodspeed Wrote:

> - Allows you to turn on logging at runtime

> - Allows you to be selective about what logging output is produced

> - Has trivial runtime cost for a suppressed log message.

Just to back this up Mojmir, these are pretty much essential for a
useful logging system really. As a developer I can step through my code
to find out what's happening. Logging can be useful while developing but
the only reason I include all the extra code in my apps is to allow my
company to provide support once the system has gone live. If it didn't
do that I'd stick to the debugger and if the live system is running
correctly then you don't want the overhead...