From: Delfin Rojas (drojas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-13 13:58:34

> On Friday, June 13, 2008 6:26 AM Tomek Jerzykowski wrote:
>
> ------------------------------------
> #include "stdafx.h"
> #include <boost/interprocess/sync/interprocess_upgradable_mutex.hpp>
> int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[]) {
> int i = 0;
> unsigned int j = 2;
> j < i;
> return 0;
> }
> ------------------------------------
>
> BoostTest2.cpp
> c:\BoostTest2\BoostTest2.cpp(11) : warning C4018: '<' :
signed/unsigned
> mismatch

This is not a compiler "bug". The compiler is right to give you the
warning although I agree the messages are rather verbose because you are
dealing with templates. There are tools out there to make these messages
more succinct but in this specific case I think it is safe for you to
ignore the warning. Here is how to do it in VC++

#pragma warning (push)
#pragma warning (disable:4018)
#include <boost/interprocess/sync/interprocess_upgradable_mutex.hpp>
#pragma warning (pop)

This is untested so there may be a syntax error, although I don't think
so. Here you tell the compiler to ignore warning C4018 while going
through interprocess_upgradable_mutex.hpp but after that it should go
back to reporting those warnings.

Hope this helps,

-delfin