From: Guido Ziliotti (guido.ziliotti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-16 06:04:38

My building platform : using msvc : 8.0 ;

I have attached som attempt in compiling some boost examples.
Notice I have set C:\Boost\lib in my LIB environment variable (set
LIB=%LIB%;c:\Boost\lib )

log => command line | direcorty

file_size.log => bjam file_size |
BOOST_ROOT\libs\filesystem\example
 simple_ls.log => bjam file_size |
BOOST_ROOT\libs\filesystem\example
first.log => bjam first |
BOOST_ROOT\libs\program_options\example

minmax_timer.log => bjam minmax_timer | BOOST_ROOT\libs\algorithm\minmax

file_size, simple_ls and first all work fine when adding the magic option
link=static.

bjam minmax_timer does not work both with and wothout link=static,
instead minmax_ex works fine with and without
link=static, that's why I have not listed it in my trouble list of course.

I would appreciate any help in solving any of my troubles. Notice I have
compiled boost with

bjam --build-type=complete install

Onestly I am a bit pessimistic. Still I hope I am missing something obvious.

I can't see why link=static works so fine while without link=static all this
troubles arise.