From: Ovanes Markarian (om_boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-18 09:43:28

Hi *!

We switched the alignment of boost (1.34.0 + VC 7.1) libs to 4 byte, since
our project has a restriction of 4byte struct member alignment and we
receive a linker error that program_options can no link to a
boost::program_options::arg string global.

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class
std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
std::allocator<char> > const boost::program_options::arg"
(?arg_at_program_options_at_boost@@3V?$basic_string_at_DU?$char_traits_at_D@std@
@V?$allocator_at_D@2@@std@@B)

Making the dumpbin /exports from the boost_program_options....lib I clearly
find this symbol as exported one, with the exactly searched signature. Using
the default struct member alignment I can link to the program_options lib
whithout any problems. Any ideas or suggestions are really welcome!

With Kind Regards,
Ovanes