From: Nat Goodspeed (nat_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-20 08:58:28

Alfonso Urdaneta wrote:

> My situation is as follows. Using Visual Studio 2008 C++ (express) and
> boost 1.35 (binary install). Create /clr application, add the libraries
> for the compiler and the linker, change from /clr pure to straight /clr
> so that it compiles.
>
> If I then add a file that contains absolutely nothing other than
> "#include <boost/thread.hpp>", my application will not launch, giving an
> error dialog saying that it failed to initialize.

DISCLAIMER: I've never worked with VS 2008 and have only brief exposure
to /clr programs.

In that brief exposure, I was horrified to find that in a mixed-mode
DLL, the MS runtime doesn't bother to run constructors for static
objects -- breaking one of the fundamental guarantees of C++.

This can't be called a solution, but I hope it helps direct your search.