From: Florian Winter (fw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-20 11:49:23

Hi,

The reason we are not using the shared library version of Boost.Test is
simply that we find it more convenient to build a shared Boost.Test
library on all platforms using our own build system. There is no other
reason for it, and so far our way of using the library did not cause any
problems. Our method of linking Boost.Test is also transparent to
applications, because if we ever run into problems, we can still build a
shared Boost.Test library in the standard way and link our shared
library against it (instead of including the Boost.Test implementation).

We were able to fix the compilation problem on Mac OS X by removing the
#define of BOOST_HAVE_SIGACTION in macos.hpp . I hope this is a valid
fix or workaround that will not cause any problems other than making
error reporting in case of a signal less verbose on Mac OS X ...

Thank you for your help so far.

best regards,
Florian