From: Julian Magnone (jmagnone_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-20 14:31:09

Hi,

We are serializing an object to a string and then we want to send it to
another process using MQ. When received, it's deserialized and the
original object is reconstructed again.

We are trying to use message_queue from Boost Interprocess but we still
having some troubles sending String messages. (I've been noticed about
the boost examples using integers)

The first issue is about std::string. I read on boost documentation that
MQ do not works with std::string so my first attempt was to use
boost::interprocess:string. However, I've received library error while
trying to use interprocess::string, so I tried to use std::string and
mysteriously it worked fine.

After we change the application to another machine with the same
configuration, it didn't work again, so I guessed that's the clue why
std::string is not guarantee to work in all cases.

My question is, what should be the right way to transmit a string
message using MQ?

Thanks in advance,

Julian Magnone