From: Mathieu Peyréga (mathieu.peyrega_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-28 01:32:48

Hello,

I recently (yesterday) "upgraded" to 1_36_trunk version and have trouble
with binary archives which are no more readable by the framework...
I am using Visual Studio 2005 on Vista

I have a Project object embedding a MeteoStation object....

The framework is able to load previous MeteoStation files saved in
binary format... but is not able to loas a project object embedding a
MeteoStation object (not a pointer or reference : whole object)... and
the problem occurs while loading this MeteoStation object... on the Name
field which is a std::string...

(MeteoStation have a BOOST_SERIALIZATION_SPLIT_MEMBER() in case it
does matter)

The issue occurs in the <boost/archive/impl/basic_binary_iprimitive.ipp>
line 91

template<class Archive, class Elem, class Tr>
BOOST_ARCHIVE_OR_WARCHIVE_DECL(void)
basic_binary_iprimitive<Archive, Elem, Tr>::load(std::string & s)
{...

where the load method which i I guess supposed to return the size of the
object returns a pretty "exotic value" and mess-up the following...

I hope this helps to solve some issue... and may answer more questions
if needed...

regards,

Mathieu

--