From: Martin Fisher (mnfisher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-29 10:11:53

I'm trying to get the GIL examples to compile: using gcc 4.3.0 on a
Fedora 9 system with a recent download of boost 1_35

So far I have tried mandelbrot and x_gradient - "as is" in each case. I
get compilation errors at lines 46 and 160 of
bit_aligned_pixel_reference.hpp:
At line 46
bit_aligned_pixel_reference.hpp changes meaning of bit_range from class
boost::gil::bit_range<boost::gil::bit_aligned_reference<B,C,L,M>::bit_size,
isMutable>"
 and at line 160 -
bit_aligned_pixel_reference.hpp declaration for const
boost::gil::bit_aligned_pixel_reference<B,C,L,M>::bit_size,isMutable>&boost::gil::bit_aligned_pixel_refernce<B,C,L,M>::bit_range(
) const

Any suggestions as to why things are as expected?

I was also getting errors in GIL algorithm.hpp - bad_cast is not a
member of std. I "fixed" this by including boost/cast.hpp - this maybe
(most likely) is the wrong way to go ?

Many thanks

Martin