From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-29 21:14:56

Alex MDC wrote:
> Automatic library linking in boost is done by #including the
> <boost/config/auto_link.hpp> file.
>
> In the date_time library this is done via the
> <boost/date_time/compiler_config.hpp> file.
>
> Have a search through the date_time tree for references to this
> compiler_config.hpp file (there's a whole bunch of them), and you can
> work where it is being included.
>
> As for the WHY - it looks like the .lib file is needed for some
> posix_time and gregorian functionality. I'm not too familiar with the
> lib so that's all I can tell for now :)

Thanks for the information. I defined BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB and now I can
build my module without needing to link in the library. It was actually
the static library which was being searched for. However there is an
overzealous need for this library in date_time even when nothing in it
is being used. There is a bunch of macros for turning off the automatic
library linking, but finding them on Boost's web page is nearly
impossible. However I did find BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB.