From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-30 21:39:29

Stjepan Rajko wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 11:52 PM, Hui Li <huili80_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> What is phoenix?
>>

> It is a beautifully designed library offering functionality similar to
> that of Boost.Lambda:

Thanks for the compliment.

> http://spirit.sourceforge.net/dl_docs/phoenix-2/libs/spirit/phoenix/doc/html/index.html

* It has been an auxiliary library of spirit, and as such it's been with
   boost since 2002.
* Obviously, it's very mature
* It will be the basis future lambda:
   - A long time ago, Jaakko and I agreed on a phoenix-lambda merger.
     It's been a long time coming; mostly because I haven't given
     some serious time to really do it -- (Spirit2 took most of my time,
     seconded by Fusion).
   - Eric Niebler just recently successfully ported it to the latest Proto.
     Now is the time to finally do the merger. I'm guessing it will happen
     in 1.37 or 1.38. We'll provide more details after we discuss it with
     Jaakko.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman