From: David Philp (david.philp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-30 22:25:59

Hi

I'm hoping this is a reasonable place to ask the question but please
point me elsewhere otherwise.

I'm trying and failing to build the Boost Python examples. In the
directory
boost-1_35/libs/python/example/tutorial I am running "bjam". It dies
with the following errors:
/sw/lib/boost-1_35/tools/build/v2/build/project.jam:266: in find-
jamfile from module project
error: Unable to load Jamfile.
error: Could not find a Jamfile in directory '../../../..'.
error: Attempted to find it with pattern '[Bb]uild.jam [Jj]amfile.v2
[Jj]amfile [Jj]amfile.jam'.

Here's my configuration:
* Intel Mac OS X, 10.5.3
* boost 1.35
* installation is via fink unstable, everything is up to date
* I have made unrelated changes (I think) to site-config.jam, in my
home directory
* I have put the following into my user-config.jam:
using darwin ;
using python ;

bjam --debug-configuration indicates that python is happily found.

I'm inclined to suspect that the boost fink package is incorrectly or
incompletely configured, but I can't figure out why bjam (correctly
configured or not) would look for a Jamfile in that directory.

Thanks in advance...

David