From: Ruediger Berlich (ruediger.berlich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-01 12:11:38

Hi there,

I recently posted a problem with the compilation of Boost 1.35 with gcc
4.3.1, on an OpenSUSE 11 box - the serialization library did not compile. I
understand Robert's comments in a way that these problems will go away in
1.36 .

I have thus in the meantime tried to use the current 1.36 trunk version,
which fails in some other respects (which is fine, it is beta).

OpenSUSE 11 comes with Boost 1.34.1 libraries installed, but does apparently
not include the boost_system headers/library files.

I have thus tried to revert to 1.34 by compiling my own Boost 1.34.1, but
get the result:

...failed updating 180 targets...
...skipped 72 targets...
...updated 1263 targets...
Not all Boost libraries built properly.

Apart from a problem with bjam in OpenSUSE 10.3, which could be fixed thanks
to comments on this list, Boost 1.34.1 compiled like a charm in the past.

Now, with OpenSUSE 11 there does not seem to be any version of Boost that I
can use.

I have heard of similar issues with Gentoo, which also uses gcc 4.3.1, so I
assume these are compiler-related problems. Apart from my own post on
comp.lib.boost.user, however, there was no other reports on problems here.

What am I missing ? Has anyone successfully compiled 1.34.1 (or 1.35,
including serialization) on an OpenSUSE 11 box (64 bit) ?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ruediger