From: John Femiani (JOHN.FEMIANI_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-06 17:25:13

Volodya wrote:
> Use
> -llibboost_unit_test_framework

That was the second thing I tried :)

Actually, I found out that the build tool I was using (scons) stripped
the 'lib' out before passing the argument to g++.

Frankly I am not sure where the issue should be discussed, maybe both in
boost and scons mailing lists.
It seams to me that the extension boost produces _should_ be '.a'. Msvc
can't link with a mingw archive can it? I mean, msvc usually can't even
link with its own .lib files unless the same runtime libraries are used,
and I think I read that mingw mangles names differently. The import
libs may be different, and _perhaps_ should have a .lib extension since
I think they are usable from msvc, but shouldn't the static libraries
have a '.a' extension? Didn't they used to, or am I just remembering
things wrong?

I will also post to the scons mailing list to find out why the leading
'lib' is stripped.

Thanks Volodya,

--John