From: Campbell Morrison (campbellrmorrison_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-09 21:50:30

Hi,

I am running an asynchronous server, and an asynchronous client with asio. I
wanted to get an understanding of how the buffering worked with asio, so I
performed the following test:

Created an asynchronous server that output an incrementing counter every
1ms.
Created a asynchronous client that received the counter, but would pause for
1 second in the handler (I.e. my server is publishing information mush
faster than the client could receive it)

 I found that the client would not miss out on any information, i.e. the
recieved counter would only ever increment by the amount the server was
incrementing by. I found that after sometime though, the server segfaults
(possibly a buffer getting overrun??)

So my question is, can anyone point me in the direction of information that
will tell me how to adjust the buffer asio is using internally (if it is, I
have looked in the doco but couldn't find anything)? Also, what gaurentees
does asio provide for delivery of a message, if any?

regards,
campbell.