From: Simon Pickles (sipickles_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-11 14:37:40

Hi,

After programming with Python and switching back to C++, I am missing
the flexibility of a scripted language.

Specifically, I am annoyed at having to specify the arguments of a
function at compile time. Is there anyway I can avoid specifying the
exact arg structure? I thought boost might do this somehow?

Say for example, I have a message handler function. I want to be able to
send all sorts of arguments to the same function, which can then deduce
what to do according to the data held in those args. I don't want to
have to overload everything as I am passing these message handlers
around using boost::function/boost::bind.

Thanks