From: Mathieu Peyréga (mathieu.peyrega_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-13 01:46:57

Hello,

I have an issue with i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple
Inc. build 5465)

it seem to appear with the keyword "check"
for example on files :

detail/is_dereferencable.hpp
detail/is_incrementable.hpp

bzip2.hpp

I have some compilation like : "error: declaration does not declare
anything"

wich disappears if i rename the check in both first files to check_
(everywhere in the file)

and check_error in the third one... (and of course in the bzip2.cpp file
too then)

It does not happen on the very same code with gcc-4.3.0 (mingw version)
nor vc8.0

does this renaming have possible side effects I have not seen (my code
compiles, links, and seems to run with the modification...)

Any explainations for this ?

regards,

Mathieu

--