From: Ruediger Berlich (ruediger.berlich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-13 14:43:37

Hi there,

I'm trying to prepare my application for the upcoming 1.36 Boost release and
understand that there have been a number of substantial changes in the
serialization code.

I understand the serialization chapter of the 1.36 documentation in such a
way that it is recommended to use BOOST_SERIALIZATION_ASSUME_ABSTRACT(T)
for compilers that cannot cope with the 1.36 BOOST_IS_ABSTRACT(T) macro.
gcc 4.3.1 seems to be one of the compilers that need this - it emits an
error for BOOST_IS_ABSTRACT in 1.36 .

Now I'm wondering whether BOOST_SERIALIZATION_ASSUME_ABSTRACT will work for
other compilers, even if they could also deal directly with
BOOST_IS_ABSTRACT.

#if BOOST_VERSION <= 103500

BOOST_IS_ABSTRACT(GenEvA::GObject)

#else

BOOST_SERIALIZATION_ASSUME_ABSTRACT(GenEvA::GObject)

#endif /* Serialization traits */

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ruediger