From: Mathieu Peyréga (mathieu.peyrega_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-14 19:21:16

> An easy check is to #define __ASSERTMACROS__ somewhere before you
> include any files.
> [ assuming no precompiled headers ]
>
> As for changing boost, I'm not the best person to say.
> It really annoys me that Apple defines those macros; they're useful
> names, not all caps, and the functionality that they implement makes
> code (IMSHO) harder to read.
>
> My suggestion would be to avoid them (the macros) altogether - by not
> including that header file.
This is it...

i added :

#if defined(__ASSERTMACROS__) || defined(check)
    #error This file define check macro and this is a serious issue...
#endif

in the 3 files :
boost/iostreams/filter/bzip2.hpp
boost/iostreams/detail/is_dereferenceable.hpp
boost/detail/is_incrementable.hpp

juste before the place where code begins...
And the #error directive does trigger...

So far, as i don't know where this assertion header is included from, I
did renamed the "check" and "check_error" on boost side... I'll check
soon with Xcode 3.1 released today if it does happen too...

Regards,

Mathieu

--
http://www.incub.net/